Top Home Remedies For Sore Tongue
One of the most sensitive parts on the body is the tongue. Confidence, work, and voice are dramatically affected if the tongue is hurt. Symptoms of the sore tongue include red swollen tongue, inflammation, rash, white film on the surface of your tongue, difficulty in swallowing and speaking.
However, there are no specific causes of tongue pain. The most common is the accidental biting on the tongue while eating or being hurt while brushing
Some less common causes include lack of substance, tongue inflammation, sore throat resulting in sore tongue, liver problem or due to hepatic insufficiency or vitamin and mineral deficiency in the body.
With the simple symptoms of the tongue pain, we can treat ourselves at home by natural remedies. However, if the tongue is swollen due to inflammation, it is necessary to meet and receive direct consultation from a doctor.
Here’s given 6 useful remedies for sore tongue
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera still holds the 1st rank in home remedies. Aloe Vera has an anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties that help relieve pain, sterilize and kill bacteria in the oral cavity.
How to do:
- Extract aloe vera gel, apply to tongue pain daily, at least 2 times/day. You may feel cook and relief right after applying the gel
- Or gargle with aloe vera juice 3 or 4 times a day.
Continuously apply this measure, combining with drinking aloe vera juice daily, keeping your mouth hygiene will also give noticeable effect.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is always a good remedy to relieve pain quickly, soothe the pain especially in local inflammation
– Mix 1/2 tablespoon baking soda and 2 tablespoons distilled water. Apply on the tongue for 1 minute. Or use a cotton ball to absorb the mixture and place it on the tongue. Rinse your mouth with warm water
– Dissolve Baking Soda in warm water for daily gargling
At first baking soda can make the tongue feel numb, but persistently use this method 3-4 times a day can reduce the symptoms of tongue pain. Your teeth will also be a little whiter and shining.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is considered as a useful disinfectant substance in the hospital, often decontaminating wounds due to inflammation, pus or open wounds due to its strong antibacterial properties. However, Pay attention that we only use 3% hydrogen peroxide.
How to use:
- Dissolve several drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide with a little warm water.
- Dip the clean cotton then put on the tongue
- Gargle your mouth with warm water.
Apply this measure once a day for 4-5 consecutive days
Pain relief, natural disinfection, available everywhere, salt will help to reduce the pain easily and effectively on your tongue.
There are two ways to use salt to relieve tongue pain:
- Sprinkle some salt flake directly on the wound. This helps in direct sterilization but can cause you to feel aches and pains at the wound in reverse.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt with 350ml of warm water to gargle daily.
5. Lavender Essential Oil
We only know the effect of the lavender aroma. However, lavender also has an analgesic effect and accelerates wound healing, especially when using lavender essential oil.
- Wash the wound on the tongue by mixing lavender essential oil (3-5 drops) with a small cup of warm water
- Mix 3 drops of lavender essential oil, 4 cups of warm water, and half a tablespoon of honey. Then add 2 cups of cold water. Rinse your mouth everyday with this solution.
Note: Do not swallow lavender essential oil because it may affect the stomach, or cause poisoning, for example.
Also see: Importance Of Using Knife in Our Daily Life
Honey and turmeric powder are perfectly aligned and always on top of home remedies. Unlike lavender, essential oils can cause poisoning when accidentally swallowed, honey and turmeric are very healthy and safe. The anti-inflammatory, analgesic effects of honey and turmeric are also similar to other home remedies as well
It’s really easy to use. Just mix 1 teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of turmeric powder, make a little turmeric powder like marbles. Snuggle into the mouth and push to the tongue pain area, leave the honey powder about 5 minutes on your tongue and then swallow it
Each day take 3-4 turmeric and honey marbles, your tongue will no longer feel pain.
- Reduce swelling of the tongue quickly with cool water or place a small ice cube on the tongue
- Use a soft bristle brush when brushing your teeth, rinsing your tongue with a mouthwash and a soft brush.
- Supplement vitamin B12, vitamin C, eat enough food, especially vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid excessive stimulants such as cigarettes, alcohol, beer, coffee because these substances cause tongue inflammation more severe.
- Drink enough water to balance the minerals in your body.
- Do not use unknown original toothpaste or mouthwash
- Avoid eating fruits causing sore tongue such as pineapple, sunflower seeds …
- Have a balanced lifestyle to reduce stress, which can help reduce much sore tongue